DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Itchy painful bumps at the top of my buttcrack
by someonewithanitch, Jan 20, 2009
About a week ago the top of my butt crack started to itch. I really didnt think much of it cause my butt tends to itch alot anyway. Well then some bumps started to appear. They felt like swollen pimples you know the pimples that just are not ready to be popped. Anyway I would press them and they would pop. So I just figure they were ingrown hairs or something. But by the next day they would be back stilling itch and now painful. The skin there is kinda weepy and flacky now. Im getting more concerned about it cause its causeing me pain and the bumps are getting harder. I dont have alot of money or time. I work ten hr days and am a fulltime college student. I know that sometimes there are no easy fixes but if there is one for this I need to know.

Member Comments (5)
by BhumikaMD, Jan 20, 2009

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. You should reconsult with your doctor to rule out the following possible causes -

'Perfumes, chemicals, or dye on toilet paper can cause an allergic reaction.

Moisture from sweat or diarrhea may cause itching. If the anal skin stays wet, the skin begins to break down.

Some foods irritate the anus when they are expelled during a bowel movement. The most common culprits are caffeine, chocolate, beer, nuts, dairy products, and spicy food.

Infections such as pinworms, yeast, and genital warts can cause itching.

Hemorrhoids, which cause painful swelling of blood vessels in the anal area, can cause itching.

Cancer, in rare instances, may be a cause.'

There are certain factors which predispose to the risk of developing anal itching as a symptom.

'Factors that put people most at risk for anal itching are as follows:

Diabetes

Recent antibiotic use

Chronic dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and seborrhea

Profuse sweating.'

Do discuss these with your doctor and exclude any possible causes in your case.

Post us if you need any further information and let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.

by someonewithanitch, Jan 20, 2009
Thank you for the speedy response. The itching is not the anal but the upper part of my butt crack. I do have hpv i resently found out, but i thought that it genrally stayed in the area of the penis and anal not the buttcrack. I can take a pic of the area if that would help?

thanks again
by itchy79, Nov 23, 2011
I have itchy red blister bumps on my lower back and buttocks it started in 1989 after I got married always around that time of the month. I  would get a red spot like  a bruise on my buttocks then it would get rashy,itchy last for about a week and leave a scab and ugly scar! I  was diagnose with shingles but i am now in menopause and I just get this awful itch rash in the same area and it spreads. It mostly happens when I get stressed ,I am going to a dermatologist and get a culture done I need to know what this is asap !!!!!!!
by Stefieg01, Jun 14, 2013
I have the same exact same, did you get an answer?? I would love to know what you found out, if so please let me know what you found out. I have had this problem for a while now my self and would love to have some ides what it might possibly be. And just as you said the same time of the month..
by Smashleigh66, Aug 05, 2014
Hi I got a red little bump right above my anus started about 2 days ago I thought it was a pimple that wasn't ready yet it itched n got a little bigger after 24 hours but looked like maybe an ingrown hair my bf took a look at it n tried to pop it but was too painful so he said leave it alone will probably go away on it's own n now it kind of looks like a blister the skin around it isn't hard but very loose n feels thick? Iv had diarea on n off the past couple days but thought that, that was due to spicy food and drinking a lot of water lately to try n loose weight it still itches every now n then n doesn't really hurt unless I mess with it, itch it or swet I am currently in debt for medical bills right now due to breaking my ankle n needing surgery n really can't afford to go to the drs does it sound serious?