Dermatology Expert Forum
Itchy rash, genitals, behind ear, web fingers, around eyes...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I'm a 32 year old male. About 5 weeks ago I developed a rash around my groin area after shaving. I thought this normal as it normally is uncomfortable for while, but the itch developed into a rash that spread (?) to the right side of my penis, scrotum, penis head, web of fingers, wrist, behind ears and around eyes (very mild around the eyes). The rash is characterized by small, tiny bumps with slightly pink colored skin around it. When irritated it becomes itchy, and if scratched it leaves a filmy transparent fluid. Of course, I've read up on Herpes, but I have not had any blisters, headaches or pain urinating. I've been using tea tree oil to sooth the  itch, but only for a week so far. The skin after a day of use on the affected "dries" and scales off gradually.
The penis head has no bumps, but a "rashy" discoloration, irregular in shape.
The wrist have slightly cleared up and the eyes as well, but the ears linger with itch and the groin area and genitals as well.
From the images I've gathered it looks like Scabies or Eczema, but I'm not sure of course.
I shower twice daily, and keep clean.
I've been using Tea Tree oil, Cortyzone creme and Shae Butter to ease the itchyness/dryness.
Of course I'm a bit worried at this point, and need proper direction.
Thank you.
What you need, Dorian, is a consultation in person with a skin doctor.  Groin rashes, whether from shaving or anything else, don't appear all over the body and affect the fingers, eyes, etc.  Your description matches neither sexual diseases nor scabies.  I'm not sure what you have or whether you have anything at all.  For situations like yours, internet research will not substitute for a face-to-face consultation.  I urge you to get one.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Dr. Rockoff,
I went to see a dermatologist and she commented on the fact that it looked very much like  Inverse Psoriasis. She gave me a prescription for a Cordizone cream, two apply for 2 weeks. I'll follow up to let you know as well if in fact this was the case.
Thank you.
A related discussion, Alan Rockoff, MD was started.
A related discussion, bumps on wrist? was started.
A related discussion, Itchy burning skin was started.