Itchy red bumps on my face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy red bumps on my face

Small itchy red bumps are all over my cheeks and chin.  They aren't pimples.  I typically have clear skin so I don't understand where this is coming from.  I'm 31 years old by the way. No history of allergies. Please help!!
It is difficult to diagnose any skin lesion without being able to see the lesions. Hence it is important for you to consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.

Your rash could be the result of irritation, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash, excessive sweating,  folliculitis  or some medical condition like SLE. I think that you need to observe this for some time to see if the bumps decrease or increase in intensity. Is there also any accompanying symptom such as pain, swelling, itching or any rashes/swelling in other parts of the body?  Also have you recently used any new soaps, perfumes etc which could have resulted in some kind of an allergic reaction?  

Hives are usually allergic (food, medication and insect stings) but may also be due to infections and stress. Many a times no specific cause for them is ever found. They usually go away on their own, but in a few serious cases, medicine might be needed. The most commonly used oral treatments are antihistaminics (such as cetirizine, loratidine, benadryl available over the counter).

You should try moisturizing lotions and calamine lotion and avoid any deodorants.  If the rashes persist you should consult a dermatologist who can determine the cause and prescribe appropriate treatment for it.

Do keep us updated on the progress.

Regards

Thank you for responding so quickly!!!

This is only on my face, which is what I don't understand.  I am using the same cleansing products and the only make-up I wear is lipstick and eye-liner.  I saw a P.A. yesterday who prescribed Benzaclin but she really didn't know if this was going to be helpful because it itches and doesn't appear to be acne.  Even the pharmacists didn't think this would work.  This started about a week ago and has become progressively worse.  I am taking Claritin in hopes that it will help however given it's the weekend, it is impossible to find a Dermatologist who can see me.  I'm even taking Erythromycin in hopes that it will help (I was prescribed this about a week ago because of a suspected tooth infection). Any additional advice would be GREATLY appreciated.  
I have this issue as well. It started a few years ago, it comes in the spring, lasts all summer and ends in late fall... Wondering if you are still dealing with it or if you found something that works.... It's driving me insane! I went to a dermatologist last year and she said it was acne. It is not acne... Help!!!
I have this same problem! Please give me any advice on how to get rid of it, it just recently been happening. I've also been experiencing chapped lips. Thanks!