Itchy skin blotches wont go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy skin blotches wont go away

Hi everyone, i really don't know where to post this, but i have a really itchy skin condition and i can figure out what it is.
i have a brownish rash on my chest and up around my neck, my inner elbows and armpits and up top of my shoulders. It moves around a bit from day to day but stays in the same general areas. sometimes it goes down to my stomach. When the itching kicks in it turns red. i noticed it leaves a white residue on the inside of my darker clothes. another thing is it is not noticeable on my back but my back also becomes extremely itchy. It is a horrible type of itching and i have punched through a wall because of it when my wife is not around to help me. the only thing that can offer relief is extreme cold, water snow, ice. lotions with alcohol in them irritate it while other lotions don't do anything to help at all. When i take a bath, after i have dried off you can rub my skin off like i am shedding.

sorry for the wall of text, any similar experiences from anyone would help so i know im not insane.
The doctor said it was a heat rash but i don't think a heat rash can be permanent.
anyone on here?
Go to Google search engine and choose Images at the top of the page and put in psoriasis.  See if it looks like what you have.  

You should be tested for food sensitivities as a cause.  

http://www.livestrong.com/article/519945-gluten-psoriasis-test/
Oh i do have same problems but i develop hives when i come to contact with cold. So, its cold skin allergy m jus using levocetrizine.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers