Itchy skin that swells when I scratch it...please help!
I have this problem for maybe about a year and half.  Sometimes my skin gets very itchy and when I scratch it it becomes quite red and irritated (obviously from the scratching) but it also swells up and will hurt for a day or two after (I'm assuming because I irritated the skin so much).  I usually just apply some gold bond to the areas but the problem will not stop and it is quite irritating.  The area it happens the most is the crevice on the inner arm where the forearm meets the bicep and on my scrotum mainly on the sides where it sort of folds over.  I try not to scratch it but it is so itchy especially after showers.  I would go see a dermatologist but I just started a new job and don't have health care at the moment.  What can this be?! Is there any over the counter treatment that can help this?  Please help because this is really starting to get to me!
From the symptoms and the area, it looks like a fungal infection. Wear cotton clothes and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.