Itchy thighs, no rash
5 days ago I bought some black tights, I made a mistake and wore them without washing them, and since that day my thighs are itching, but not all day, only ocassionally, there is no rash, but they itch and i keep on scratching them, I dont know what to do?? Should I be worried?
Please help, thank you.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Wash the area with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid and take some oral antihistaminic like Benadryl.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.