Large dark red spots on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Large dark red spots on skin

Are dark red spots on my arms that turn brown a cause for alarm?  I take meds for  hypertension and also take a daily 81mg aspirin.  

Zachary
Tags: red spots

These dark red spots need to be evaluated for contact dermatitis, pityriasis rosea or systemic causes like discoid lupus erythematosis. I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get a biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing