Large lump on collar bone.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Large lump on collar bone.

Im not quite sure when it really appeared. I know ive had it for at least 4 years.
But I have a large lump on my collar bone. A friend once suggested it was a cyst.
It usually doesn't hurt unless I touch it a lot, eventually it gets a little sore.
Its skin colored.
About the size of a dime.
It does move around a little when I touch it but doesn't go very far.

Is it something I should be worried about?
How much could it cost to have it removed?
It can be a cyst, swollen lymph node or a small benign growth. A cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist as FNAC may be required to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.