Left-arm itchies

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Left-arm itchies

My left arm itches and feels like something is biting me, yet there is nothing on it. Of course, I've tried calamine lotion, but it itches more and also with Benedryl cream, it itches even more, also. The sun even makes it itch. Have had this problem for 6 years now-what could be causing it and how can I get rid of this problem? I have SCARS on that arm from all the times this happens.
For such itching on arm, the possibility of brachioradial pruritis needs to be ruled out. The main cause of BRP is not known but there is evidence to suggest that BRP may arise in the nervous system.

Treatments include cooling lotions like those containing camphor or menthol, capsacain or local anesthetic creams, amitriptyline and gabapentin tablets and electrical cutaneous nerve field stimulation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.