Lines on skin
Yesterday morning my niece pointed out that there are lines on my back. I thought she was pretending, until I looked in the mirror and saw it to be true. There are about 6 clearly visible red lines running horizontally across the middle of my back. The spacing between each line is perfectly equal, they are completely straight and perfectly parallel. It almost looks as though I laid on my back on top of a hot grill. These lines were not there the day before, and are still here today. At first I thought I had just leaned against something which left an impression, but as they have not gone away, are not indented, and there is nothing around to match the shape, I know this cannot be the reason for their appearance. They don't itch, sting, hurt, or cause any unnatural sensation whatsoever. I would not have known they were there if she hadn't pointed them out to me. I feel perfectly healthy and am not exactly concerned, so much as very confused. What could have caused this, and what might these be?
They are still here, and now they itch :/
For these symptoms, hives due to allergies and dermatographism and scabies bites are important possibilities to be ruled out. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.