Lips constantly a rough texture & peeling since i can remember
I'm 18 years old and my lips have been this rough texture since i was at least 13 or so. They're not usually chapped, but they're always a rough texture due to skin that can always be peeled.  I can't wear lipstick because when i apply it you just see dead skin on my lips. I've tried using a mascara wand to take off the dead skin but there's always more of it and it doesn't really work. I'm thinking about asking a dermatologist. Please help me.
These symptoms can be due to the presence of Fordyce spots or cheilitis. Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips. If a week of compresses and emollients don't do the trick, you can add over-the-counter 1 percent hydrocortisone ointment to your regimen.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.