Lump under skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lump under skin

I'm a thirty year old male.  3-4 weeks ago I noticed a small hard lump under my skin beside my nose.  I was expecting it to grow into a whitehead (which I still get a few of), then vanish.  But since then it's just sat there, and I'm getting a bit concerned about it now.  It's slightly raised, and the skin is slightly redder around it.

I know it's not much to go on, but any ideas on what this is and what might have caused it?  Maybe I'm being a hypochondriac, and it'll get better on its own.  But if it's the first sign of carbuncle, or something similar, developing, then I'd like to know if I there's a way to nip it in the bud.

Tags: Skin, lumps
I cannot confirm without examination but it can be a boil, cyst, some benign skin growth orkeratoacanthoma( less likely) . A cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin.
All of them are harmless except keratoacathoma and treatment is needed only when they turn painful or are unsightly.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get it examined.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.