Mole Removal Hyperpigmentation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mole Removal Hyperpigmentation

6750516?1300595509
About a year ago, I had my moles removed with laser treatment. Most of them healed up well, but there has been one that really healed oddly, the regrown mole, or whatever it is, is much bigger and oddly shaped. I visited a dermatologist and he was no help at all. I tried using hydroquinone for a while, but it had no effect.

Is it possible to get skin cancer from a removed mole that had no cancer? And how can i possibly get this removed and make sure it actually heals.

I added some pictures!
This scar could be because of the granulation tissue formed after removal of mole. Sometimes it may become dark as original mole or even darker than that. What happens is that melanocytes left behind in the wound regrow in an abnormal pattern. This is accompanied by scarring, inflammation, and blood vessel changes.

For its removal Several methods are available nowadays for the removal of moles, like cryosurgery, excisional biopsy, electro cautery, cold freezing to name a few. But they can all cause scarring. so it is better to discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.