Dermatology Community
Molluscum Contagiosum Concern!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Molluscum Contagiosum Concern!

Hello forum!  I had a peculiar question about Molluscum Contagiosum that I was hoping somebody could help me with.

I’ve been cured of (genital) Molluscum Contagiosum for 21 months now (I contracted it in my pubic area February 2011, went through 3 months of cryotherapy through my dermatologist, and had my last lesion frozen in May 2011).  Since then, I have had regular dermatologist check-ups every 6 weeks to 3 months and have had no other issues or re-occurrence of the virus.

Anyway, I got a tattoo yesterday over the same area (that I once had the Molluscum).  Based on the fact that the tattoo needle is going deep into the skin where I once had lesions, is there any chance the needle could potentially “reactivate” the virus? (Ex: is there any possibility the virus could be living/hiding INSIDE of my skin and the needle puncturing it allow for a route which the virus can come to the surface and autoinclinate/come back?)....................Or did the freezing of my last lesion 21 months ago signal the COMPLETE elimination of the virus as-a-whole and the only way to get reinfected is to come in contact with an infected person again?

Thanks!

- Jacob
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank