Dermatology Community
My legs start itching then get discolored spots... what the diagnosis?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My legs start itching then get discolored spots... what the diagnosis?

This developed sometime this year I believe. It first happened on my right leg where it itched me like crazy on particular parts of my leg. Those areas that were itching eventually became discolored. I went to a dermatologist over the summer and she performed a skin biopsy on my right thigh. One of the discolored spots I could a raise that seemed like a bump or something. That are was the most recent so the doctor did the biopsy there. When the results came back according to here it ws not eczema. She said it seems like an insect bite or something and I told her I didn't get biten by any insect or fly that I could recall. Besides I explained that the reoccurring pattern was that my skin would itch, continue to itch, then become discolored. The biopsy left me with a scar which I'm unhappy about but I still found no solution. Now my left leg is starting to itch and show dark spots at the itchy places. I also feel my upper part of my are near my biceps itches but no dark spots , yet! I know that my skin is definitely dry and the dark spot areas look ashy. It doesn't look scaled, or whatever its just very itchy all the time, discolored and certain spots feel like a little raised bump. WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY SKIN AND HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM? If its not eczema what is it? I saw pictures of eczema and my skin doesn't look like that. PLEASE HELP!!! DO I NEED TO SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR BESIDES A DERMATOLOGIST? IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY BLOOD? IS SOMETHING GOING ON UNDER MY SKIN? WHAT'S GOING ON DOC??!!