Dermatology Expert Forum
My mole hurts???

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

My mole hurts???

Okay, so I am very afraid of getting melanoma. So I usually check my skin quite frequently and went to the doctor about 8 months ago to have him check it.  I had one mole removed, but it came back totally fine.  I am blonde haired, blue eyed, I burn easily however I have not been in the sun that much for about 10 years now and when I am I use sunscreen... I do have a lot of weird looking moles that I am always afraid of but was reassured when I had a dermatologist check them over.  

OK, so I have 4 moles on my neck, the one that I am concerned with is a flat one, that i guess is oblong.  It seems to be all one color, but yesterday when I touched it it hurt like there was a zit under it.  Looking at it looks like there might be a white thing in it or "under my mole".  I just wanted to know if it is possible to get a zit under a mole, or if this is bad.  I am scared, but I was wondering how long I should wait to see if it is just a zit..  If I waited 2 weeks would it kill me if it was melanoma???

I just dont want this to be bad, and if it has been bad for 8 months to be ravaging my body..........Thank you and sorry if my question was silly....Jess
Yes, you can get a zit under a mole, and that's a much better explanation of the pain than that it is a melanoma.  Most likely it is just a mole.  You should have a doctor evaluate you regularly so you won't drive yourself crazy trying to evaluate your own moles by yourself.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff

My mole has been hurting for over a week. When I touch it, is stings (it feels like it is beeing stubbed with a needle)
Is it something I should worry about?
A related discussion, mole was started.
A related discussion, Mole On my Back was started.
A related discussion, Small stingy bump on my neck was started.
Hello Dr.
Question..I have had a raised mole on my inner thigh for a while now,it's basically the same color as my skin..but recently it has started to hurt? Should I be concerned?