My penile nightmare

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My penile nightmare

Roughly 1 month ago, while I was masturbating, I noticed a kind of irritating spot under the gland of my penis. It was almost like there was a piece of dry skin on my hand and it was creating contact against my penis. I wouldn't describe it is a pain, more like a spot on my penis that felt a little odd with the friction of my hand on it. I noticed it a few times throughout the masturbation process. Anyway I woke up the next morning and I had a nice little red patchy area right where I felt that slight discomfort the night before. It was red, kind of sensitive feeling, I thought I had chaffed myself in all honestly. I gave it a week and to my surprise it was still there. I started to get concerned so I went to see my general practitioner  and he thought it was a a fungal infection and proscribed lotrisone (cloritmazole and betamethasone). I used it for a week, maybe improved condition slightly, no major relief. I called him back, he prescribed me Diflucan, 3 pills, to take 3 days apart, at 200mgs a piece. By this point in time I was also noticing horrible itching and discomfort not only in my penis but also my scrotum and rectum. The diflucan seemed to really help my rectum but that spot on my penis it persisted. I began to use micronazole instead of the lotrisone, just to switch it up. I used it for roughly 1-2 weeks and took my Diflucan. Again my rectum got better, my penis stayed the same. I went and saw my MD again, he referred to a dermatologist but assured me it was nothing serious, no std, had to be a skin thing. So at this point I have tried antifungals, both oral and topical, I have been keeping great hygiene by showering daily and even washing my penis at the end of the night and eating yogurt thinking maybe it was a yeast infection. I also took supplements with acidophilus in it. For the love of god I dipped my penis in yogurt as a website advised to do for a male yeast infection. I slept naked for a few nights to get it air. I finally went to see the dermatologist and she looked at it, (this dermatologists was recommended as the best in the state) and she said "its nothing". I asked how it could be nothing and she said it is certainly not an STD and that she assumed it would go away. She gave me some emulsion cream to rub on it at night she said. Anyway enough said, I have had this going on for almost two months now. Prior to this whole thing breaking out, I really hadn't been doing anything out the the normal. The only things of note were these. Prior to the onset I was playing basketball at work and remaining in the same sweaty work clothes through the majority of the day (I have been gifted as a man with no BO, regardless of how bad I sweat), I have been stressed, I have not been sexually active in 6 months, and my girlfriend and I just split about 2 months ago. This brings me to a very important question. A question that has boggled my mind for months now. What the hell is on my penis? Should I cut it off? I am pretty frustrated and out of ideas.
I wanted to post a follow up just to kind of describe what this condition looks like. On the underside of my penis, kind of under the foreskin there is a little slightly puffy rash looking abrasion almost. It looks kind of shiny. No blisters, or liquid of any kind. I have also noticed there are many veins in my penis that seem to be slightly red and more visible than prior. Then the actual gland of my penis has this red overcast looking like rash that covers about 1/2 of the gland. I can literally see the outline or borders of this rash. I have also noticed that my penis gland has a few spots where like little dots have appeared. I have at times had some slight discomfort when urinating, not pain but like sensitivity when urinating, like it didn't feel normal. And the urine seems to be dripping out more after I finish. Like the initial shake doesn't cut it anymore, it continues to kind of leak out. All these symptoms have seemed to get slightly better over time so far but the rash remains and the itching remains.

This can be due to dermatitis skin or penis fungal infection which is chronic. Various reasons for recurrent or persistent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance ,co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Treatment resistance can be overcome by applying a cream with a combination of antifungals (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%).

Before starting this treatment its is best to get a KOH examination of the skin scarpings done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

How about Balanitis? I am circumcised and do practice really good hygiene so those two things go against the typically causes of Balanitis (From what I have read at least). Although, as I mentioned above, I was playing basketball and sweating heavily, then sitting in my clothes for a good 5 hour period before a shower. So just to get your opinion, if you have a second, do you think Balantis? I have also had some discomfort, itchy like feeling in the rear area as well. Could Balanitis be responsible for that area as well?