Mysterious bruise turns to itchy rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mysterious bruise turns to itchy rash?

Hi. I'm Sarah. A few nights ago I went to sleep and woke up the next day with a very defined, dark bruise in the shape of a hand on my arm. This freaked me out and I'm still unsure of how it got there. I was sleeping next to my boyfriend but he would never hurt me. I've been told a talk full sentences in my sleep and have a tendency to sleep walk so we keep the bedroom door locked.
On top of that, I noticed yesterday that even though my bruise is fading in some areas. the others are developing dry skin and are getting itchy and bumpy. I just started putting arnica salve on my arm to make the bruise go away but it makes the rash itch more.
What's going on!?
Tags: bruise, mysterious bruise, Sleep disorders, rash, itching bruise, itchy rash, arnica
The itching can be due to insect bites. You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also try to keep the area clean. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste and take some antihistaminics like Benadryl.
If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i feel off my coffee table but i landed on the couch my forearm caught the end of couch a big knot jumped up on the inner part of  my wrist , that happen yesterday  today it is sore and red with alot of blue under the skin  what should do treat it at home or go see ia doctor?