Mysterious rash on 20 month old
My daughter is 20 months and has had a rash for about 4 weeks that neither the pediatrician or dermatologist can identify.  A couple weeks before this rash began she had a fever over the weekend on May 1st but no other symptoms, she then broke out in a rash for about 3 days after the fever was gone, the nurse said it was not Fifth's or Hand foot mouth, I am wondering if it was roseola.  Anyway, it went away.  About 2 weeks later I think on the 10th she started getting a new rash and I took her to the pediatrician on the 17th I believe.  Hydrocortisone cream did nothing and then we tried an internal steroid June 4th, 5th and 6th. The rash started with a red raised rash on her leg up near the diaper area that looked almost like poison ivy, it did not ooze, then it started up her tummy but more spread out but still red and raised.  It then started spreading in pimply looking bumps, flesh colored, all over her body progressively getting worse to the point that it is now all over her body and face, yet the red rash is started to clear a bit but is still on her torso.  We saw a dermatologist who prescribed a topical but it is not doing anything.  We started the next strong topical tonight and go back on Monday to the Dr.  This is really disturbing me and no one can seem to treat it...any ideas???
From the symptom that it appearaed suddenly and then covered the whole of the body, it looks like a viral infection and  molluscum also needs to be ruled out. Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It generally affects children and presents as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug .Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

Please discuss this possibility with your daughter’s dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.