Dermatology Community
Nonstop skin itch, no rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nonstop skin itch, no rash

For the past few weeks, maybe a month, I have itches all over my body except my face and feet nonstop. I now have scratch marks everywhere, and a few times I scratched hard enough to draw blood. I have tried antihistamines, baby oil, lotion for extremely dry skin, and anti itch lotion, and none of it helps. I an very clean and shower twice a day. i don't take hot showers because they drive my skin to itch worse. I currently live in the midwest US and winter is going strong. Ive had all my clothes and blankets washed, and I sleep in a bed with someone else who doesn't itch.

I am transgender and I take spirotone (spironolactone) and estrofem. Itchy skin is a rare allergic reaction to spiro, but I didn't start to itch until 2 months after I started taking it, and from what I have gathered problems usually arise immediately with spiro and it doesn't really last in the body. because of this im not sure that spiro is the problem, and I am unwilling to stop taking it as it would reverse my transition. I can't afford/don't know how safe any alternative t blockers are.

lastly I work in a grocery store deli. I regularly come into direct contact with dish sanitizer, powdered non latex gloves, and raw chicken. I have worked there for 2-3 months.

I am desperate to make this itching stop