Odd blood bubble on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Odd blood bubble on face

I have a small bump on my cheek. I am not sure when exactly it came..about a few months. It looked like a small red pimple so I just covered it up everyday with make-up. After several weeks I realized it wasn't going away. I looked at it closely and it appeared to be a little blood bubble and so I thought I could just let the blood out. So I pricked it and it bled out and that was that.

Until the next day, I somehow subconsciously picked it while watching tv and i realized there was lots of blood on my face. I ran to the bathroom, and was dripping blood on the way. It was streaming out at an alarming rate for being a pin-sized opening. I finally stopped it after a while. It happened again a few weeks later that I picked at it (I know, i thought it was good and healed) so i decided not to pick at it, and was successful. I let it scab, and that fell off (but took forever) and assumed it would be done with... and its not. It is back to the beginning and looks just like before. I little bubble.

What is it, or better... how do i get rid of it?
Blood blisters are a type of blister that is filled with blood rather than the fluid commonly associated with blisters. Blood blisters are caused by a rupture of the blood vessels underneath the skin’s surface. This rupture is usually caused by some form of trauma, such as pinching.
Like all forms of blisters, blood blisters form on the upper layer of the skin. They are the body’s natural response to pressure or injury. What differentiates blood blisters from other blisters is the fact that the trauma caused the blood vessels to rupture.
Blood blisters can also develop in response to allergic irritants, viral skin infections, and fungal skin infections.
When caring for blood blisters at home, it is best to refrain from popping the blister. Popping blood blisters can lead to infection and can slow down the body’s natural healing process. To avoid popping, blood blisters should be covered with a soft dressing. If the blister does pop, the resulting pocket of skin should not be peeled away.
Applying zinc cream to the area can also help dry up the blister and speed the healing process.
When blood blisters break, however, they should be treated with antiseptic  applied to the area.
ref: Applying zinc cream to the area can also help dry up the blister and speed the healing process. When blood blisters break, however, they should be treated with antiseptic cream applied to theblister area.
ref:www.wisegeek.com

I have been using a 20% zinc oxide cream, and it is not drying the blister. I put some on the other night and covered it and it made no difference either. I think i have now had this thing for at least 3 months. what else can i do? i want to pop it!! but i already tried that....
You don't have a blood blister.  What you have is a chery angioma.  It can form on any part of your body.  It can be removed by a dermatologist.