Odd callus or corn around nails.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Odd callus or corn around nails.

I usually get them after i get infections in my fingernails. ive tried pumus stones and they just grow back. please help :( ive had the oldest one for two years and another for a year and im getting a new one.
For calluses, please apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet in warm soapy water to soften calluses. Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the calluses persist, then you can go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful. If the symptoms persist then get the possibility of plantar fibroma ruled out.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.