Open Sore Won't Heal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Open Sore Won't Heal

My wife has a very tiny open sore just above the bridge of her nose (between the eyebrows) that resists permanent healing. It is very tiny and virtually unnoticeable. Not a pimple; not an insect bite. No swelling. Not in contact with eyeglasses. Sore attempts to heal and scab over, but never permanently resolves. Any suggestions what this might be, and how to treat? Thank you...
sounds like actinic keratosis. the spot gets red and scaly but never fully heals right?

the problem with actinic keratosis is that it is the precursor to squamous cell carcinoma. a ery common form of skin cancer. she needs to be seen by a dermatologist. they can treat the site with liquid nitrogen and eradicate it.

the lesions don't always become skin cancer, but this is how that particular strain starts usually and the nose is a very common place because most people forget to put sunscreen there.

It is estimated that up to 10 percent of active lesions, which are more red in color and more tender than the rest, will take the next step and progress to squamous cell carcinomas.

What causes actinic keratosis?
Sun exposure causes almost all actinic keratoses. Sun damage to the skin accumulates over time, so that even a brief exposure adds to the lifetime total.

I have a small sore on my scalp , it does not heal... It bleeds.. its been a year since i had it.. after I used a hair product, that i guess burned me a little..
Jimmy Ovalle

Email; Jimmy.***@****