Open sore that wont heal?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Open sore that wont heal?

A couple of months ago I noticed a small pink bump I thought it was a pimple so i tried to pop it. Now I have this bump and in the middle of it is like a sore and it wont heal. And the bump has been there for about 2 months now and wont go away what is this? I did research and I got basal cell carcinoma?
You have not mentioned the site where you have got the lump but it can be a cyst or a benign or malignant growth. You might need to have a clinical examination and biopsy of the sore  to rule out cancer. Also if it is oozing then culture of the sore may be required. You should get it checked from your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.