Dermatology Community
PLEVA
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PLEVA

Child, age 8 has had 2nd recurrence of PLEVA,  What have you done to prevent future outbreaks?
What treatments or medication are now available?
Related Discussions
My son (11 at diagnosis, now 12) was diagnosed last spring. Diagnosis confirmed with a punch biopsy to one of the papules on his leg. He is under the care of a dermatologist. He was covered from head to toe except his face and genitals. Treatment was UV light therapy twice a week,oral medication called Solodyn 80 mg. daily (this med. comes in 40 mg. too) and Olux-E Steriod foam applied to the papules when they are inflamed only. Steroid foam for two weeks only as it this the skin. He has had two bad breakouts and then it has slowed. But we keep up these treatments religiously to keep it at bay. When we try to lessen any of this medical protocol, the PLEVA attacks again. After meeting with another drematologist at a university medical school nearby, I realize this PLEVA will not stop attacking my son until somehow the body accepts the trauma that has occcured to his immune system. His body is attacking itself esssentially. I am concerned that this may have a link to a chicken pox vaccine booster he received 2 months previous to his initial attack.

Hope this helps you find a treatment that works for your 8 year old.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...