Pain in my armpit after the surgery

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pain in my armpit after the surgery

I have undergone a surgery for excision of a cyst on the armpit 8 months ago,i have already followed some oral antibiotics and a cream too.Now i can see two small white coloured spots on the scar and the scar is still red.sometimes experience a pain around the wound and also in my whole hand.Is this a normal situation,will there be any problem if i continue to use deodorants .please advice me
You should consult with your doctor to make sure that there isn't something else going on in that area. By now the redness should have faded or be fading...it's possible that some infection may remain, especially if you are applying deodorant...which will block the pores.

Try going without the deodorant for a week or so if possible.
If the redness fades, try another product...if it becomes red again see your doctor.

The pain may come and go for years depending on how deep the cyst was.
If it is just the scar that is causing pain, it may be a different story.

I once had a shot given to me in the armpit to freeze my arm when it was broken...that was 32 years ago...I still get the odd stabbing pain in that area. Nerves can cause pains such as that...or " phantom pains " as some prefer to call them.
The pain in your hand is not normal...this means that there is probably nerve damage. Ask your doctor about seeing a neurologist.