Dermatology Community
Painful red bumps on leg after sunburn
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Painful red bumps on leg after sunburn

I have some painful red bumps with a white top on most somewhat looks like a pimple but is very painful to touch much less try and pop the top of them. I had a bad sunbun while in Hawaii on he lower legs, front of calf part and it was very red and painful then it went to swelling with liquid filled bumps. I would pop them with clear liquid coming out. Then they peeled and after the peeling the red bumps slowly appeared one after another and getting very sensitive.  I can send a pic if you need to see one
Related Discussions
Hi

This sounds like a severe case of sunburn. A photosensitivity reaction also needs to be considered here. Other differentials may be irritant or contact dermatitis. If itching is noted then a dermatitic skin condition may be likely.

What is significant here is the previous history of sun exposure. Photosensitivity reactions may need to be ruled out here. Topical corticosteroids may help. If this is a case of dermatitis, the topical corticosteroids may be of help also. A this point however, I would not advice you to self medicate. It is necessary to have this evaluated first. A severe burn may require antibiotics. If this has been present for quite some time already, then an overlying infection may be likely
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...