Peeling Skin On Thumbs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Peeling Skin On Thumbs

Has it occurred to anyone that the peeling on the tips of thumbs COULD be due to using a touch screen SmartPhone and the radiation that emits from them?  I, too, have noticed that my thumbs have started getting EXTREMELY dry and cracking and/or causing callouses.  This has NEVER happened to me before, and I purchased a touch screen SmartPhone about 6 months ago, and I noticed that when I give my thumbs a break and not use the phone for typing too much, my thumb heals.  When I go back to using the phone quite frequently, it starts peeling again.  I would like to know if the other people on this forum who are complaining about cracking skin on the tips of thumbs are using Touchscreen SmartPhones, and whether or not they are doing a lot of texting or commenting from their cell phones.

This discussion is related to Skin Peeling On Tip Of Thumb.
Interesting..........my fingers (thumb and pointer finger) have been peeling a sheet of skin, the finger nail yellows, tips of figers literally crack down the middle, and the new skin underneath is read and tender.  This has been happening for the past few years; I'm going to trace back to when I first noticed and when I purchased my smart phone/touch screen.
Haven't noticed peeling on my thumbs, but my thumbs feel like they are burning while using it. The screen is not hot or anything but my fingers feel burnt. And no it is not carpal tunnel or blackberry thumb. It only happens when I am connected to WiFi or mobile network (when the phone is emitting the most EMF radiation). I am currently limiting my online use on my smartphone. Not worth the risk.  
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers