Peeling soles of feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Peeling soles of feet

i am a teenager and recently the skin on the soles of my feet have started peeling, it doesnt hurt or itch, it just peels! its never happened b4 and its a bit of a pain really.
if you have any solutions or know what it is that would b fab!

thank
gkg
it's normal when you have some callusses (sp?) try lotion on your feet and a "ped egg"... they work at getting dead skin off your feet.
This peeling of soles of feet can be due to contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis or fungal infection of the feet. When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing peeling of feet.

Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible. Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase your chance of developing peeling . So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep your feet dry. If the peeling still persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist and get fungal infections and exfoliative keratolysis ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers