Dermatology Expert Forum
Penile redness and itching, white peeling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hello:

Yesterday mid-day, the tip of my penis and foreskin started itching, this morning I had very small, red bumps all over the tip and the tip as well as the inside foreskin was seveely red. The bumps disappeared and the redness has somewhat diminished and this afternoon, I have a very thin, white layer of skin that seems to flake or peel off in blotches.

I am uncircumcised, have a very good hygiene and do make sure not to leave soap residues (I use soft soap and flush well). I have sexual intercourse with my girlfriend who - so far - never had problems with yeast infections or such. I've never had this before, I am 45 yo. Washing my penis repeatedly during the day has somewhat relieved the itch, but only to a point where it is bearable. Any suggestions on what this could be and how to treat it?

Thank you! - AW
This may just be irritation, or it could be a yeast infection (much less likely.)  Yeasts are commonly not transmitted from women, even though women get them far more often than men.

I suggest the following:

1.  Please do not wash the penis repeatedly, since that will aggravate the redness and irritation.
2. Apply clotrimazole cream 1% (over-the-counter) twice daily.
3. If the rash isn't gone in 3 days, please consult a physician.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
i have exactly the same thing!!
i and my fiance have been together 5 years, and i got this red rash (not very raised, a bit itchy) that was preceeded by an extensive peeling. basically the skin on the head and some on base and foreskin peeled. now only the skin on the top of the bumps peel, esp after i tried applying acetic acid (vinegar) to test for HPV warts. didnt really turn white but the tips did peel. the only thing i can think of is that a: yeast from fiance who had it about 4 weeks ago, maybe 5 or b: sat on a dirty toilet seat?

this sucks, but i dont mind as long as i dont give it to my gf.

during vinegar test, what is supposed to happen?
and, any thoughts, anyone?

thanks all
oh i just noticed the donation part. sorry, i don't mean to impose.

but thanks for having this board up anyway, it is a good idea. you would get a lot more questions if you lowered the donation to 10 but made it possible to donate more at will, imho.

have  a nice day.
A related discussion, penile itch was started.
A related discussion, Pennis Infection was started.