Penis Scar

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis Scar

I have a scar on my penis aroud the area of the foreskin. Im circumsized and have had no issues in the past. It was caused from friction in my earlier days as a kid masturbating. My new girlfriend asked my about it has becoame a bit of a mental issue........ Is there any creams or treatments you could reccomend to take away some of the visabilty?
Tags: penis

I understand that the scarring may be a source of discomfort. However, at this point we could not really recommend laser therapy as we need to weigh the risks and benefits that shall entail given the procedure. If this is the case, it is best to observe the skin’s condition.

The scar should improve given time. Applying a light moisturizer over the area such as light vitamin E cream may be able to help smooth the skin. Although the moisturizer is not therapeutic , it will help improve the appearance of the skin.

If your partners ask, then it is best to be honest about it.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

Is ther anyting that can be used to help it fade with out damaging for the lonbg term?
Ie. Bio-oil, Mederma or skin fader or peeler. What product can I use to help this specifically.

Thanks so much your response will make a world of a difference!

Glad the post was of help to you. It was nice of you to write back and keep us posted about how you are doing.

Consult your skin specialist and till then you could use aloe vera creams, vitamin E creams and over the counter available demelanising agents.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.

Who would i talk about laser therapy for this? It has been on for along time and i dought it will go away of creams over the counter or perscribed.
What is involved? Costs? Who would i contact?
Thanks..
Thanks..

You would need to talk to your skin specialist about the laser therapy. But first just discuss whether topical creams or microdermabrasion could be used in your case.

The costs involved would depend on area involved, site, duration of treatment, no of sittings required, etc.

Regards.