Persistent Rash Since October

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Persistent Rash Since October

Hello, around 7 weeks after having protected sex with a prostitute i developed folliculitis.  After what was first diagnosed as dermatitis by my family doctor and later went to dermatologist and took a biopsy and was told it was folliculitis.  When told what kind of folliculitis i had (i forget which exact kind) the term said it was rare.  Now after taking several different anti fungus pills and applying many creams the rash is still present.  Now when first diagnosed almost all of the bumps contained puss, now they are just mostly red bumps (sometimes pretty big) and when trying to pop they just bleed and scab over.  They take many weeks to heal and not sure if there are just scars are they haven fully healed.  I am posting this because i don't think that folliculitis is still present because the rash doesn't appear to be the same as it was months ago.  there are pictures that i will  post in my profile for review.  What does this persistent rash look like.  It just won't go away no matter what i do.  I have been to two different dermatologist who look at it for a minute and give a diagnosis.  The second term i went to said that it didn't even look like folliculitis although the skin biopsy said it did.  I don't know what to think anymore and have been looking online at std rashes and my mind is racing.  
also forgot to mention that i have been having a lot of dry skin patches on my body since i got the rash.  Noticeably my hands.  There are constantly areas of skin that are peeling and that hasn't happened before.  And also the skin on my penis seems to peel or flake after erection.  It just rubs right off.
This looks like folliculitis skin but it can be due to fungal folliculitis which takes a bit longer to go away. I suggest you to get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done to confirm the diagnosis. If fungal infection is confirmed you may need topical and oral antifungals.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.