Persistent milia on toddler

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Persistent milia on toddler

My daughter is 21 months old. When she was born she had a bunch of milia on her nose. They covered the entire nose, but were small and I wasn't worried about them. Now, she is 21 months old, and the milia are less noticable, but are still there! Before, they were a bit raised, now it looks like they are just under the skin. No actual bumps, but if you look, you can see small white dots. Like clogged pores. I have bathed her every couple of days since she was born, and don't understand why these have persisted. Is there anything I can do, or will she just have to live with this for the rest of her life?
Thanks!
Milia are white pimples that occur mostly on the upper cheeks, nose and chin. The best way to prevent milia is to avoid treating your skin with excessively harsh chemicals and to limit sun exposure. Also use good quality cosmetics and exfoliate your skin regularly. If still the symptoms persist then chemical peeling or laser removal can be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dr. Kaur,
The issue is with my daughter. She is only 21 months old, so I have not been using harsh chemicals, cosmetics, or exposing her to excessive sun. How is it that she still has Milia? A chemical peel sounds too harsh for her baby skin, especially on the nose.
Have you seen toddlers or preschoolers with this condition that eventually goes away on its own?
Thanks!
Milia are benign, keratin-filled cysts. Primary milia are typically seen in infants but also may occur in children and adults. They often clear up by themselves within a few months. If they don’t then they have to be removed.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.