Dermatology Expert Forum
Pink itchy spot on chin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Pink itchy spot on chin
Hi, I am a 21 year old male.  About 10 months ago my chin got a pink spot on it about the size of a quarter.  It itches on and off during the day everyday, and is slightly raw.  It has not got any worse or better.  I went to a dermatologist and she said it was acne.  I don’t think it is because nothing I have tried has worked.  That includes Differin, 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, & Doxycycline.  This does not look like acne, nor have I ever had acne.  I have read that acne does not itch like this, there are no pimples under my skin to itch.  I have also tried hydrocortisone thinking it was just a sore.  Reduces pinkness a little but no cure.  It’s not dry and no bumps.  When I sleep I make sure my chin does not touch the pillow,  and I don’t rub it or have anything that ever comes in contact with it.  There seems to be almost no facial hair in this spot.  I have also ruled out shaving irritation.  Could it be a bacteria or some kind or under the skin infection,  allergies even???

Here are a few links to pictures.
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1093hd8.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1092vi8.jpg

This looks like mild irritation.  Perhaps you're examining it closely.  I advise you to ignore it.  It may take a few weeks, but it will go away.  Pinkness of this kind is best left to fade on its own.  The more you try to do, the longer it takes.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Did you even read my post?  It's been there for 10 months!  Why would it suddenly go away in a few weeks?