Pinprick red dots around ankle and legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pinprick red dots around ankle and legs

7425295?1321739431
Hello
For over a year now this rash has slowly developed from my ankles up my legs. It is not itchy. The spots are grouped together but have gaps between groupings. It stayed relatively the same for over 8 months but in the last month has grown to cover more of my legs. The spots are mostly the same size apart from a few larger ones that have appeared in places, some where there were none before. The rash seems to avoid my knee (front and back) completely and continues up my leg. The most grouped areas are from my ankle up the front of my leg roughly 3 inches then a gap of about 2 inches then it continues. There are almost none at the back of my legs.
I have been seeing an NHS dermatologist for 8 months and she has taken samples of it and blood but has not been able to identify the rash. I have tried antibiotics and an anti-fungal cream which had no effect.
I do not know if this is relevant but I also have cysts on my ovaries for which I take Yasmin. I have lost a bit of weight (3stone 6pound) over a few months (about 5) without trying. Recently I seem to have stopped losing weight but I have increased my food intake.

I have been worried that it may be due to bad circulation as my legs, feet and toes "fall asleep" frequently (at least once a day) but my dermatologist said it is probably. I have attached (or tried to attach) a photo but the quality is not great and I had to zoom in as they are small.

Thank you for anything you may know.
Possibly a form of capillaritis called "Schamberg's disease" which is not serious. Do consult your doc.