Post Scabies Marks
Hi, I had scabies last october and was prescribed permitherin cream by my doctor. It took about a month for the scabies to go away. Now on some parts of my body where scabies rashes were i have brown marks. On my waist i have dark brown marks about 2-3 mm and there are 2-3 of them. I also had it underarms and on my shoulders where i still have marks for scabies. I am worried that these might stay forever. How can i make these marks go away. I can post pictures if you want.
Thanks!
Scabies often causes hyperpigmentation which is post inflammatory. The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Avoid picking, harsh scrubbing, and abrasive treatments unless prescribed by a dermatologist during this period.

I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get these treatment options evaluated. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.