Purple discoloration
Hi, what are the reasons for a purplish discoloration in lips, fingernails, toenails, ears, tongue, face after crying and every other place where it was reddish before?
What you are having is peripheral cyanosis and it becomes important to rule out vascular causes and other causes like Raynaud’s phenomenon. It is a vascular disorder that affects blood flow to the extremities which include the fingers, toes, nose and ears when exposed to temperature changes or stress.

I feel that a consultation of a physician will be the best. Other causes of blue peripheries like diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid also have to be ruled out. You may need to get a color Doppler and cardiac tests done to rule them out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello doctor, thanks of your answer. But let me ask you one more thing, can a Raynaud attack be chronic? I mean, I've had that discoloration for two months, and it was triggered after overexercising. But during that time, the discoloration persisted, meaning that the colour never came back to normal since the day I overexercised.
one more question: can a infection of any kind or poisoning with a heavy metal for example cause a discoloration like this?
According to Mayo clinic during an attack of Raynaud's, affected areas of your skin usually turn white at first. Then, the affected areas often turn blue, feel cold and numb, and your sense of touch is dulled. As circulation improves, the affected areas may turn red, throb, tingle or swell. It does not cause persistent color change.

Hello Doctor, please have a look here, I've attached pics of this discoloration here http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/What-do-you-think-about-this-permanent-discoloration/show/1818448?personal_page_id=2770133