Question on Groin Issue

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Question on Groin Issue

Hey I am hoping someone has experienced this or can help me out.   From the time I was 21 until about 2 years ago I kept my genital area shaved  I am 32. .   After  having an encounter where the condom broke during a one night stand I stopped shaving the area because every time a bump showed up I would freak out.  I was tested and negative foe STD's.    When I got over my issue I decided to once again shave my genital area again this was 2 years ago.  I utilized an electric razor and removed as much hair as possible I also used a disposable razor ( I am not sure if the razor was clean).  2 days later I got done work and got out of the shower when I noticed my scrotum was a glowing pink color.   This freaked me out.  I decided to go to the gym the next day and rather than wear my usual compression shorts I wore boxers.    From my scrotum touching my inner thigh an area of bumps developed where the scrotum touched.  The groinfold on my right side was also pink, it became painful and bled.   This issue cleared up pretty quick.  I went to the doctor and he gave me diflucan.

Because of this issue i did not shave my genital area for almost another year.  I had no other issues   I restarted shaving during the early fall this year.  I had no issues after shaving my genital area for a few months.    One Saturday in October I shaved the area between my scrotum and anus.  Then shaved the rest of my genital area.  Once again taking as much hair as I could and using an electric razor and disposable.      2 days later the left side of my scrotum was very red.   I went to work and when I got home discovered the inner thigh area where my scrotum touches my leg had about 100 bumps... all in the hair follicles, these bumps were tiny, hard and had white spots on the hair opening.   They were on the groin folds where the skin touches.   The area between my anus and scrotum had the same issue.  The area smelled like rotten eggs.   I also had cracking and bleeding in the left groin fold.  There was never any Itching.   I went to the dermatologist who took a quick glance and said this was Yeast.  He prescribed me some keto cream.   The red scrotum left and these bumps remained for about a month.      When I applied the keto cream the area became itchy.

My question is this ?   Since these two rashes I have been constantly worrying about this issue.  I work out and run alot and every time I am done expect to see an outbreak with this rash.   It has not happened.   I will get an occasional bump in my groin.  The bumps are similar to the ones I had with the previous two rashes but usually leaves in a day or 3.   Does it sound like these rashes were brought on my shaving ?    I now keep that area trimmed and will not remove all the hair like I did before.  
The symptoms are suggestive of folliculitis after shaving. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin.It starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).
For folliculitis, keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much Doctor.   For 2 years I have been trying to figure out what the rash was.  When I would look at yeast rashes it  really didn't look like that or jock itch.  

I have one more question if anyone could chime in.   Since having these rashes I examine myself at least twice a day now expecting to see this horrible rash again.  I notice the crease where my thigh meets my pubic area has a light pink line... pretty much isolated to both creases.   It does not crack and it does not itch.     It is similar to the pink line that I will get if I sit in a certain position  which creates a crease in my stomach skin.   Is this a normal skin variation that most males have ?