Random flat red dry patches on skin.. infintago/impetigo?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ok so over the last week or so, I've found a few round red patches on my skin.. they seem like just dry patches of skin. But recently me and my boyfriend have taken in a kitten (wrongfully assuming that it had its shots &whatnot). Then just the other day I was talking to my friend's little cousin over the computer asking about how her PA day (day off of school) was going, and she said "ok i guess, but i cant go anywhere until this disease is gone." To which i obviously replyed what disease!? She then went on to tell me about how she took in a kitten from the same people as us and started forming this rash all over her body, and her mom took her to the clinic where she was diagnosed with infintago (impetigo). Now I automatically assumed that's also what I had, but I've researched it and these spots have been on my body for almost a week now, and look nothing like the pictures ive seen on the internet of what impetigo looks like..
It started about a week ago with one spot on my neck (where the kitten would cuddle me all the time), and then one on my chest (above, but between my breasts), but just this morning i found another spot around my pelvis area (not genital area) and one on one of my shoulder blades on my back.
They are very speratic(sp?) and all by themselves, like theres not blotches/or patches of them.
they are probably 1 cm or so in diameter, basically circular, but there is no build up or pus of any sorts.
They are just flat red spots that are not itchy or raised, just have a roughness to them, kind of like sandpaper, but not THAT rough.
I'm not freaking out too bad, but im in the process of replacing my health card and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas of what it could be.
should i be covering up these patches? is it contagious, if so, how extreme? what could i do in the mean time to treat it? &if it is impetigo, how severe is it? &will it affect anything other than my skin?!
thanks to all who take the time to read this &comment back, i appreciate it!
I think that if you go ask at the cat forum there will be more people to help answer your Q.
Good Luck and I hope you don't have to re-home your kitty.
I have the same skin irritation, but I haven't been near a cat. All the things you have said. Started to spread slowly around my torso. But now it is making its way onto my limbs and up my neck. Did you ever find out what it was?  Doctor said eczema and put me on a steroid cream. It didn't work, and the other peculiar part is that I have never had a skin problem and I'm 40. Kinda strange that eczema would appear out o nowhere. Please let me know what you were able to find out. Thanks