Rapidly spreading itchy bumps?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rapidly spreading itchy bumps?

My sister is 15 and this evening she developed what she initially thought was a mosquito bite, but soon found out this mark was spreading.  they appear to be raised bumps that are very itchy and causing her quite a bit of discomfort.  they are mainly on her back, but are on her arms legs and torso as well. they appear to be quite spread out and not in clusters, and it cant be chicken pox as she's already had them.  she's just had a shower and it's caused her serious pain putting water on it.  any help will be really apprieciated. thanks!
Welcome to the forum and I am really glad to help you out. Since your sister already had chicken pox, so the possibility that is coming to my mind is of shingles. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get this possibility evaluated. I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how your sister is doing. Warm regards.

Thank you ever so much for the help and advice, we took her to the doctors after the rash continued and spread even further.  The doctors decided that it was an allergic reaction to something, but as to what remains a mystery. She was given Callomine to use which seemed to cool it down and seems to have gone in places, there are still a few dots left but we are hoping that they will go soon.
Thank you ever so much for the advice!