Rash around mouth
For about two weeks now Ive had a swollen red rash that starts below my lower lip (where its the worse) and it goes around my mouth up to my nose. I shaved with a different cream when I first noticed it and went to the doc the next day and she told me it was perioral dermatitis so she said to put cortisone on it and it should be fine. Well I have been doing this for almost two weeks and it looks no different. Also the inside of my lips have a light rash and have swelled up but they don't hurt or itch. Could I be allergic to something that I'm not aware of? Does anyone else have this problem or know what this could be? Any info would be much appreciated.
These symptoms can be due to contact dermatitis. The other possibility is of perioral dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist as you may need topical and oral antibiotics.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.