Rash in Groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash in Groin area

I have this rash that comes and goes. The first time i had an out break there were little red bump in different parts in my Groin area. But now when the out break. It clusters in the top top part of the groin area. Its only itchy a little bit when it fist happens and is  a 1 out of ten irritating after the part.
This rash in the groin area can be due to contact dermatitis, sweat rash or dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms are severe then I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.