Rash inner elbows and behind knees

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash inner elbows and behind knees

I am a 37 year old male, and for the last 5 years or so, I have had a skin condition.  For a short time in the Spring and Fall, I get a rash on the inside of my elbows and behind my knees.  If I can manage to not scratch it, it basically goes away in that area.  But scratching it makes it worse.  After a couple weeks, it goes away.

By searching the web, I have found a couple conditions that it could be, but I was hoping someone with some expertise could narrow it down.  

Thanks,
Greg
bump?
From the symptoms since the rash is confined to a particular time of the year, eczema is an important possibility which can flare up during this time. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dr. Kaur,

Thank you very much for your response.  Since it is such a short term issue (approximately 2 weeks in Fall and Spring), I will just try the simpler solutions that you have suggested.

Greg