Rash on Glans(glands)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on Glans(glands)

I have got a small rash on glans (glands) few months ago and I thought it will go off.
But that did expand rapidly in the last month. When I met the expert I was said that its balanitis and I was treated for that but it did not cure at all.
I do not have any pain or itch and I do not have any discomfort at all.
It can be due to friction rub or balanitis. Balanitis is an inflammation of the glans (glands) (the rounded head) of the penis and may be related to yeast infection or poor hygiene. What you need to do is consult a dermatologist and get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings of the penis and a biopsy of small skin sample done if the symptoms persist. KOH examination of the area will clarify whether it is balanitis due to fungal infection or not.
Also use water based lubricants during sex.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I met the dermatologist and just by looking at itself he conformed me that its an Ezcema (eczema) but still he made me go thru all the test before prescribing any medicines.

After all the lab results he conformed that its a chronic condition and prescribed Neosprin H ointment three times a day and asked me to soak in saltwater for 10 mins in the Morning and Evening and in 15 days its all fine.