Rash on cheeks & forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on cheeks & forehead

Hello, my cheeks began to become red a few weeks ago, then a rash began to appear(only on my right cheek first however it soon started to happen on my left), I tried fucidin cream on it because it was similar to a rash I had on my hand a while back, now it would somewhat go away but then it would come back again, now it's worse as my forehead has become extremely irritant, I've tried DiproBase cream on both my cheeks and forehead however they just become scaly. In the morning it is crusty. I am wondering what it may be.

Thanks.
This morning I awoke and it has seemed to have broken in parts of my skin however yesterday it was barely noticeable.
One possibility is seborrheic dermatitis for your symptoms. It causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. People with seborrheic dermatitis produce too much sebum (the natural skin oil). Later, pityrosporum yeast grows excessively in the sebum.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema or dermatitis. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.