Rash on side of neck (both)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on side of neck (both)

It all started when I was lying on my bed with a few pillows under my head playing some video games , my neck was bent a bit cause of the way I was lying  so my chin was touching my chest.

It was kinda hot in my room so at the aides of my neck I felt a bit sweaty an kept itching/scratching

A week later the same parts still tend to get itchy and are red at the back parts of the neck right beside the bottom part of hair (the corner of your a guy) is tiny bit lumpy like scabbish type lumpy.and bits of my neck are just red from the itching

Am I right in saying I have a heat rash , just cause I visited my GP today and she said it looks a bit fungal and she gave me trimovate cream

Does this sound right
I meant to say sides not aides

The rash is red in colour
When I say lumps they are very small and can be felt when rubbing fingers over
The symptoms are suggestive of sweat dermatitis or heat rash. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I haven't used/bought any trimovate yet but I have some Fuicidin do you recommend using this I've applied it a few times since yesterday it doesn't itch as much just now and then ? But the marks are more red at front of neck because of scratching  
Fucidin is an antibiotic cream for skin infections. For itchy skin which may be due to sweat dermatitis you need to apply calamine lotion or take some antihistaminic like Benadryl which may relieve itching.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
The GP said it was fungal so would the fuicidin not help