Razor Burn of Worse?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Razor Burn of Worse?

Hi, I'm not very good at introductions but I'm a 20 year-old male who never really shaves their groin area. And until recently, I'd say probably about 5-6 weeks ago, I did. After I shaved I noticed I had cut myself a few times because I guess I was too "anxious" to get it over with. So, there were some cuts on my groin, I applied moisturizer and never thought much about it.

The next day I noticed I started getting bumps on my groin, and I remembered once when I shaved my groin at the age of 16 this happened as well, and I remember as my pubic hair grew back in these bumps vanished and never came back.

So, I never put too much focus on it until it started getting very itchy and hurt when I touched them.
But after about 4 days of it being itchy, and hurting it stopped, and even now for the remaining time I've had these bumps there is no discomfort, no pain, no itching. My pubic hair is growing back in, and the bumps seem to be going away, however.. That could just be me *Wanting* them to go away. :P

Well here's the story as well as my thinking..

I did some research and realized it could very well be razor burn.
But, I had sex with a girl-friend on October. 4th, with no problems, however it was unprotected.
This was before I shaved and got these bumps. Now, on about October 18th I had unprotected sex with my ex girlfriend, and a couple days later she had a bladder infection. And in early November I shaved my groin, developed these bumps, and still have them now, and again last week I had unprotected sex with my ex-girlfriend again, and she now has another bladder infection.. So what I'm asking basically, is it possible for herpes, or warts, or even razor burn to give a girl bladder infections after intercourse? And I only have these bumps on the groin, which was the only area I shaved. I have no bumps on my penis or scrotum, just the groin.

The description of the bumps sounds like folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin.

Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).Most of the bumps have a hair projecting out from them.

Recurrent bladder infection in your girlfriend’s case are not due to infection being passed on from you.It can be due to some other problem.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.