Recurring Bumps on Toddler
My two year has recurring bumps that look almost like bug bite. She caught this from a child back in March of 2012 and we've been to about 7 different doctors including a dermatologist. The child she caught it from ended up with Cellulitus from it. They still won't explain to me what caused him to have these bumps all over him or what they were or even what they used to get rid of it. All of the Doctors have all told me to just continue to treat it with Mupirocin Cream. They have prescribed a steroid in the past but seemed to flare it up. The Mupirocin Crream does work and it takes about 5-6 days to clear it up completely. It does leave a purple scar after they have gone away. The bumps don't seem to bother her other than the constant struggle of keeping medicine on them. She says they don't itch or hurt. They do not fill up with puss for the most part and if one does it is a tiny little pustule. They are red in color and vary on their size but there are always multiple bumps that do appear at once. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to clear up this problem or what it could be! Thanks so much!
One possibilities for such bumps is of molluscum conatgiosum. They present as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It generally affects children and typically occurs in the 2-5 age group.Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.