Dermatology Expert Forum
Recurring forehead rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Recurring forehead rash

I know a person should not categorize themselves as having HIV based on symptoms alone. I'd like to go to the doctor but I'm too terrified at the moment. Here’s my story in short.

I have received unprotected oral sex many over the past six months. I also have had vaginal sex with females of known status. Each encounter of vaginal sex was protected but the oral sex was not. The rash I’m worried about comes and goes. I first noticed it months ago. This mild rash somewhat itches, burns very slightly (at times), and produces tiny bumps during flares. Flares up only occur on the center of my forehead. A photo is attached to my medhelp.com profile for your consideration. The photo may be enlarged by clicking on it.

The rash reminds me of a citrus rash I use to get from eating oranges when I was a kid. I have tried treating it with an assortment of over the counter products but nothing seems to permanently work. I have not experienced any other symptoms such as fevers during break out periods. The only relief I receive is from washing my face several times a day. Could this mysterious rash be related to HIV in your professional opinion?

About the only thing I have not considered is my shower filter. The filter has not been changed in over a year and a half. May be this is the reason behind my reoccurring aliment. Or possibly may very oily skin is the source of the issue.
HIV rashes don't look faint and don't come and go.  On the other hand, lots of other nondescript rashes do that.  You cannot diagnose a rash on the internet, and you won't be able to get the reassurance you need and deserve without seeing a doctor in person.  So that's what I suggest you do.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Thank you for your response. I will schedule an appointment with a doctor in the coming days.