Red, ichy,painful,red, bumps, in but crack and crotch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

well i have a ichyness in my crotch butt crack area. it first started two weeks ago in the croch area and spread to my butt crack. its very painful and uncomfortable. Its red bumps , ichy, feels like its dry skin and it feels like burns. i tried mosturizing cream, cera ve, antibiotic ointment, bag balm, and Vaseline. The pain goes away when im moving around but as soon as i sit or lay down for a bit it starts to feel ichy and uncomfortable...
help please?
Causes of itchy anal rash in the butt cracks include moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting,chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper,certain food irritants,medicines like some antibiotics and laxatives, infections like STD’s and pinworms and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema.

Use an over-the-counter (OTC) cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Preparation H),but it is to be applied sparingly to the affected area. A protective ointment that contains zinc oxide (Desitin, Balmex) also may help. If your symptoms are worse at night, please take an antihistamine like benadryl to reduce itching until topical treatments take effect. If the symptoms persist then please get it valuated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I run track can that be the problem?
As I had told earlier that sweating and abrasions and friction rub caused by clothes can be one of the reasons for causing these symptoms .To prevent these symptoms apply a lubricant like petroleum jelly to your thighs and wear clothing that serves as a barrier between layers of skin (athletic tights or cycling shorts). But this should be done only when the possibility of a fungal infection has been ruled out..Avoid coarse clothing and wear 100% cotton fabric against your skin and clothing that is free of moisture, dried sweat, chemicals, dirt and other debris.

Also apply calamine lotion on the skin as it soothes the skin. If the symptoms are sever then please get it examined from a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.